Finding the best things to do in NYC isn’t a hard thing to accomplish. Like every other enchanted soul that came before me, I find New York City irresistible. I visited the city six times before finally taking a leap of faith and moving here (those rent prices, I tell you).
As a local, I get to experience the Big Apple from a unique perspective and thought it might be fun to share the best things to do in New York City. What to do i new york.
Is 3 days in NYC enough?
With 3 days in NYC, you can see most of the major sights and landmarks. But to make the most of your time and money, remember your New York Pass. A lot of the activities and attractions mentioned in this post are included.
What is the coolest thing in New York?
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. Location: Liberty Island and Ellis Island.
- Visit Central Park. Location: Manhattan.
- The Empire State Building.
- Rockefeller Center & Top of the Rock.
- Fifth Avenue.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- The Museum of Modern Art
How do you spend a perfect day in NYC?
- Watch the Sunrise Over Lower Manhattan
- Try One of the Amazing Coffee Places in Chelsea
- Eat a Proper NYC Bagel for Breakfast
- Head to Madison Square Park
- Walk Uptown via Fifth Avenue
- Walk Back Down Park Ave
- Grab a Slice Near Grand Central Terminal
- Enjoy an Evening Cocktail
What to do when you first get to New York?
- Big Bus New York Sightseeing Tours.
- THE RIDE.
- The Empire State Building.
- The Top of the Rock Observatory.
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
- American Museum of Natural History.
- The Met
How should I prepare for a trip to New York?
- Figure Out Your Budget.
- Get Familiar with the Neighborhoods.
- Find a Hotel in a Convenient Area.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Public Transportation.
- How To Call a Taxi.
- Try the Local Food.
- Don’t Cause a Traffic Jam on the Sidewalk.
- Dress for the City
How many days do you need for your first trip to New York?
5 days in NYC is actually the perfect amount if it’s your first visit. You can spend 3 days in New York City, but it’s cutting it close–and you’ll need to come back again. If you have only one day in New York City, you can still see Manhattan!
How much money do you need for a NYC trip?
|Tight Budget||Average budget|
|Flight||from $900 to $ 1200||from $1300 to $1600|
|Housing||from $630 to $700||from $910 to $1400|
|Transportation||approx. $ 94||from $170 to $185|
|Meals||from $275 to $460||from $460 to $650|
Is 3 days too short for New York?
Three days in New York City might not be enough to see the entirety of the city – after all, it is enormous – but those 3 days would be just enough to see a lot of its most popular attractions.
what to do i new york, This list of the best things to do in New York City is a culmination of my numerous visits and, now, my daily life in the Big Apple. I’ve hosted countless friends over the years and whenever they ask me for the best things to do in NYC, I merely point them to this post.
What to do i new york, But brace yourself, this meaty list took me a week to write. I wanted to make sure it covered absolutely everything you need to know before visiting NYC for the first time. So without further ado, let’s get to the good stuff.