Located at 749 East 500 South in Salt Lake City, Gilgal Sculpture Garden was envisioned, designed and created by Thomas Battersby Child, Jr. in the mid-twentieth century. Tucked in the middle of the block behind houses and businesses, many are still unaware of its existence and enjoy a true sense of discovery when they visit the garden for the first time. What to do in salt lake city this weekend.
- 1 About video of what to do in salt lake city this weekend
- 2 What to do within 2 hours of Salt Lake City?
- 3 Is it worth going to Salt Lake City?
- 4 What to do in Salt Lake City if you have one day?
- 5 What can you do in Salt Lake City for a few hours?
- 6 How much time is needed in Salt Lake City?
- 7 Why should you go to Salt Lake City?
About video of what to do in salt lake city this weekend
What to do within 2 hours of Salt Lake City?
- Bonneville Salt Flats – Best day trips from Salt Lake City
- Sundance Mountain Resort
- Hidden Falls
- Pineview Reservoir near Eden
- Park City
- Great Salt Lake
- Fossils near Kemmerer, Wyoming
- Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake Utah
Is it worth going to Salt Lake City?
If you have never had the chance to visit Salt Lake City, Utah, we highly recommend it. The city is beautiful year-round and there are plenty of outdoor activities close by.
What to do in Salt Lake City if you have one day?
- The Mormon Temple
- The Salt Lake Assembly Hall
- The Salt Lake Visitor’s Center
- The Museum of Church History and Art
How do you spend a long weekend in Salt Lake City?
- Day 1: Temple Square, Trolley Square, Eccles Theater
- Day 2: Skiing/snowboarding (hiking if warm), lunch at HallPass, Spa Night
- Day 3: Farmers Market, Museums, Ghost Tour
What can you do in Salt Lake City for a few hours?
- Temple Square: Points of Interest. This square is definitely the most interesting place to visit in the city.
- Red Butte Gardens.
- Natural History Museum of Utah.
- The Living Room.
- Hogle Zoo.
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
- Antelope Island State Park.
- Hill Aerospace Museum
How much time is needed in Salt Lake City?
Whether you’ve come to Salt Lake City to visit or are just flying into town to use it as a base, two days in Salt Lake City makes a perfect itinerary that will give you the highlights of the town.
Why should you go to Salt Lake City?
Salt Lake City, Utah’s capital, is the gateway to five of America’s most popular national parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Capital Reef, and Bryce Canyon. With its massive red-walled canyons and towering sandstone spires, Utah is a land like no other. No wonder so many movies have been filmed here.
what to do in salt lake city this weekend, Gilgal Sculpture Garden contains 12 original sculptures and over 70 stones engraved with scriptures, poems, and literary texts. As a whole, Gilgal Sculpture Garden is significant as the only identified “visionary art environment” in Utah. The public is invited to visit the garden seven days a week.
There is no admission charge. Walking tour brochures are available at the garden. Visiting hours: April/September – 8 am to 8 pm October/March – 9 am to 5 pm Closed New Year Day; Thanksgiving; Christmas.
What to do in salt lake city this weekend, Indulge your curiosity in this evening class dedicated to wine pairings, guided by Sommelier Jim Santangelo from the Wine Academy of Utah! “These places are still very much part of our homelands. And when we hear about petroglyphs being damaged, or archaeological sites being damaged, it is in a sense like taking a chapter out of a book.
So when parts of those are disturbed or missing, then we’re not able to connect the dots as effectively as we ought to be allowed to. ” — Jim Enote (Zuni)